TELEPHONE No. 124
Candlestick telephone used on Extension Plan No. 1.
Fitted in Auto areas and fitted with a Dial No. 8 and used with a Bellset No. 1 (with bias spring).
The Telephone No. 124S was supplied with a Dial, Auto No. 10FS and used on Siemens systems in Grimsby, Hurley, Ramsey, Southampton and Stockport areas.
The Telephone No. 124W supplied with a Dial, Auto No. 10FW and used on S.T. & C's (late W.E. Co.) exchanges at Darlington and Dudley.
Superseded by the Telephone No. 150.
The picture to the right shows a Telephone No. 124 with a privately supplied telephone directory. This is attached to the stem of the telephone.
The GPO Rate Book from 1928/1929 advises of the following:-
Last revised: July 14, 2017