MODES OF OPERATION ARE AVAILABLE
1. PBX mode:- Extension 20 is used as an operator.
2. Key System mode any I/C call can appear at any extension.
3. Exclusive line mode similar to key system except Line 2 is dedicated to extension 21.
DIL SWITCH SETTINGS - SWITCH BANK 1
MODE OF OPERATION
PABX - S1 Down & S2 Down
Key System - S1 Down & S2 UP
Exclusive - S1UP & S2 Down
Earth Loop - S3 up & S4 up
Timed Break - S3 Down & S3 Down
One - S5 UP
Two - S5 Down
Short - S6 Down
Battery Backup On - S7 UP
Battery Backup Off - S7 Down
NO LINES CONNECTED
No Lines Connected - S8 UP
Exchange Lines Connected - S8 Down
DIL SWITCH SETTINGS - SWITCH BANK 2
EXTENSION EQUIPAGE - EXTENSION 20 to 27
Equipped - UP
Unequipped - Down
DIL SWITCH SETTINGS - SWITCH BANK 3 (MK1 only)
EXTENSION BARRING LINE 1 - EXTENSION 20 to 27
Barred - UP
No Barring - Down
DIL SWITCH SETTINGS - SWITCH BANK 4 (MK 1 only)
EXTENSION BARRING LINE 2 - EXTENSION 20 to 27
Barred - UP
No Barring - Down
On an ordinary BT 2+8, extensions have either total barring or no barring controlled by DIL switches on the CCU.
Whereas on an Enhanced BT2+8 the barring of extensions is software controlled at 4 levels.
ENHANCED BT 2+8 CALL BARRING
1. Free access.
2. International access barred.
3. National and International calls barred.
4. All calls barred.
999 calls can be made regardless of barring level.
3 exception numbers can be entered to overcome level 2 and level 3 barring.
1 number can be entered to overcome level 2, 3 & 4 barring.
GLOBAL BARRING LEVEL
Operator restriction, default 1
TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM CALL BARRING
All programming is performed at extension 20.
Insert the System Programming Guide under the key label window.
1. Lift the handset and press HOLD.
2. Enter the Barring Code Level Password. (default 01234)
Password confirmed by slow bleep, FAIL LED lights if wrong.
To change call barring level 2, default 01.
1 . Press CALL BARRING LEVEL 2 key.
2. ENTER NUMBER key now flashes.
3. Key the new number and add stars to pad out to a five digit code, e.g. 0898 * or 01 * * *. Tones configure and VALIDATE number flashes.
4. Enter the number again to validate (digits and *'s)
The tones quicken to confirm, the PASS LED flashes and then goes out, slow tones are heard and the level 2 led is still on.
Call barring level 2 is now programmed.
To change call barring level 3, default 0.
1. Press CALL BARRING LEVEL 3 key.
2. Repeat the procedure in PART A from 3 downwards. Only the required No. of digits need to be entered.
Call barring levels 2 and 3 are now programmed.
To change the number to override barring, default 1 * * * *, you may wish to allow 0898* for example.
1. Press GLOBAL BARRING NUMBER key.
Repeat the procedure in PART A from 3 downwards.
To change the global exceptions number which overrides 2, 3 and 4, default 112, to another code, e.g. 0800*.
1. Press GLOBAL EXCEPTION NUMBER key.
2. Repeat the procedure in PART A from 3 downwards.
To allow up to 3 numbers to override call barring levels 2 and 3.
1. Press EXCEPTION NUMBER 1 or 2 or 3.
2. Repeat the procedure in Part A from 3 downwards, for each exception required.
To blank the existing exception stores enter # # # # #
System call barring changes are now complete.
TO PROGRAMME EXTENSION CALL BARRING. (Barring Levels 1 - 4)
This must be completed from extension 20, with the Systemphone set to MF.
1 . Lift the handset and press RECALL
2. Enter the extension barring password. (default 00000) Password confirmed by slow bleep, failed = NU tone.
3. Press extension key of the extension to be programmed, the LED of that extension will light and the bleeps will cease.
4. Press exchange line key (1 or 2), line light will now be on.
5. Dial 1 - 4 on the keypad to determine the barring level for that extension on that line. A bleep will be heard for each level set.
Repeat the procedures 4 - 6 to set other extensions.
REVIEW CALL BARRING STATUS OF EXTENSION
1. Press LOUDSPEAKER.
2. Press RECALL.
3. Key appropriate extension number.
4. Press LINE 1. The number of bleeps determines the level of barring.
Repeat for the other line.
TO CHANGE TO NEW PASSWORDS
1. Lift handset and press HOLD or RECALL. (HOLD for exception numbers and level, RECALL for barring levels).
2. Enter existing password. (see default values) Password confirmed by slow bleep. NU tone if failed.
3. Press PROGRAM PASSWORD key. The ENTER NUMBER LED is now flashing. Beeps alter in tone.
4. Enter new 5 digit code using keypad. The ENTER NUMBER LED will now be off and the VALIDATE NUMBER LED will now be flashing.
5. Enter new password to validate, VALIDATE NUMBER LED will now be off. If successful the PASS LED will flash and a tone heard.
6. Replace handset.
Last revised: January 12, 2001