|Use||Motor Transport Branch|
|Registration Number||RLB 794|
|Date of picture|
A Maudslay Mammoth Minor 6 wheel dropside truck. The Maudslay company had been owned by AEC since 1948. This model was normally designated as a Mammoth Major 6, when badged as an AEC. It came complete with AEC engine and transmission and would have been built at Southall works. The body was similar in length to that fitted to the 8 wheel Maudslay, but the vehicle could only gross 18 tons at this time, so would have carried lighter goods.
|BACK||Home page||BT/GPO Telephones||A - Z Index||Vehicles Home Page||Quick Find||All Telephone Systems|