A Bedford 3 ton capacity QL model bought by the Stores Department as war surplus from the Ministry of Supply. The QL was the first 4 x 4 vehicle ever built by Bedford and it was a great success. This particular model has been civilianised with the fitting of a non-standard canvas tilt cover. This was amongst a large batch of ex Army vehicles bought second hand when new vehicles were virtually unavailable.
The picture above shows a fleet of Bedford QL's on the London to Brighton inaugural run in July 1947
Last revised: September 22, 2017