|Make||Shelvoke & Drewry|
|Use||Stores Vehicle - 7 were purchased in 1930/1931|
|Registration Number||GO 7040|
|Date of picture||January 1935|
This diminutive looking lorry was an S & D Freighter, complete with a transverse engine and epicyclic gearbox which were fitted behind the drivers seat. Despite the apparent small size, these were well built vehicles, generally used as dustcarts. This particular example was used for the local delivery of cable drums. Incidentally there was no steering wheel or gear lever as such, just a pair of tramway type controllers either side of the driver`s position.
|BACK||Home page||BT/GPO Telephones||A - Z Index||Vehicles Home Page||Quick Find||All Telephone Systems|