HiNet Stackable PBX: VS1500/ VS1600
The VS1500/ VS1600 stackable PBXs are based on the successful global Hicom Office
architecture. With an integrated HiNet router, plus a hub/ switch, the VS1500/ VS1600
provides a total solution for small business or branch offices seeking simple to use, yet
effective, technologically advanced voice and data communications. Whether you have one or
multiple offices the HiNet stackable PBXs are very simple to set up and use.
The VS1500 provides capacity up to 32 extensions, whereas the VS1600 can support up to
The VS1500 and VS1600 enable businesses to reduce costs through the sharing of voice
and data traffic in the wide area. In 2000, the HiNet Xpress@LAN router will be launched,
enabling customers to benefit from the advantages of VoIP in the LAN, as well as the WAN.
This will use the same IP phones as the HiNet RC3000. The HiNet Stackable PBX solution
therefore allows reliable, sophisticated communications today, with a migration path to a
fully converged network.
- Shared ISDN lines for voice, data and video
- Least cost routing for all traffic
- Multiple Internet users (no need for lots of accounts)
- Accurate tracking of telephony and data costs
- Users can enjoy the sophisticated features associated with the Hicom Office, such as
caller line ID, DDI numbers, divert, voice mail, ACD, hunt groups, and many more. The
VS1500/ 1600 is a fully digital system, with fully featured and easy to use range of Optiset phones .
- File Transfer
- With ISDN you can transmit data up to ten times faster than normal phone calls, allowing
you to instantly access high-quality images and large files, from other sites or from the
- One address per user, saving costs on individual accounts.
- The VS1500/ VS1600 can be integrated with any manufactures hubs or switches
- Internet access
- By using the integrated router, high speed/high quality access to the Internet is via an
Internet Service Provider, thus providing cost-effective solutions for all PCs in the
network. Firewalls ensure secure access.
- Like an email, Group 3 faxes can be sent and received directly from the PC.
- Teleworking/ Home working
- As flexibility for employees is becoming more important, HiNet Office provides employees
with the ability to access the same information, whether in the office, at home or on the
road, for example, picking up voice mails, emails and sending/receiving files.
- The integration of computers and telephony allows your business to store, access and
categorise information about your callers. For example, when a customer calls, his or her
details will appear simultaneously on the screen of the PC as "screen pops".
First and third party CTI solutions are available.
- ACD solutions
- The HiNet solutions allow your business to make and receive more calls with fewer
people, provide first-class service, and get the most value out of each call.
- Networking with your other offices
- By making use of the networking protocol, CorNet, HiNet VS 1500/ 1600 can form part of a
highly featured HiNet/ Hicom office network.
- Remote management
- All voice and data elements of the HiNet VS1500/ 16000 can be managed remotely, from a
central site via SNMP management.
Features and Technical Data
Technical Data: HiNet Integrated Router
The HiNet Integrated Router is an integrated router which uses existing HiNet VS 1500/
1600 ISDN exchange lines and can therefore provide full LCR functionality for fax and data
communications. The transmission protocol is TCP/IP and supports channel bundling up to a
maximum of 8 B channels by using the PPP multilink protocol. Firewall mechanisms can be
configured to satisfy customer requirements and thereby secure authoriSed access.
- IP/ IPX Router
- Up to 8 ISDN B channels
- Access control via CLIP, automatic callback, IP/ IPX check
- LAN-LAN link via ISDN
- Remote LAN access
- Internet access
- Dynamic Channel Bundling (up to 8 B channels)
- PPP and PPP multi-link protocol (ML-PPP)
- Authentication protocols (PAP, CHAP)
- MAC firewall
- CTI: 1st and 3rd party
- Telematic services (Fritz fax, file transfer)
- 10 baseT interface
The key benefits above an external router are the fax service, and CTI capabilities,
plus the fact that it is not a physical add on to the stackable solution.
For more information please visit the Siemens