TELEPHONE No. 8
with integral generator, for use in C.B. areas, in conjunction with a
Bellset No. 3.
Used in conjunction with a single extension telephone, giving intercommunication.
In the side of the body is an intermediate switch (Key No. 277).
Similar to Telephone No. 6 but fitted with a handset.
Made by the Western Electric Company of London.
A similar model, by the Western Electric Company, with no extension facility was produced for the Portuguese Telephone Authority (circa 1902).
Early table telephones were connected to the internal wiring with a Rosette or a Strip, Flexible Cord Connection. Click here for more information.
Circuit diagram - N108.
The picture is dated 1905.