TELEPHONE No. 326
Combined table handset telephone, introduced in 1937, for use in CB and Auto areas. This telephone had a tray for the subscribers personal directory but as from June 1940 the tray was not fitted and instead the telephone was supplied with a Tray, Dummy, D62099 (a blank plate). This was probably a war time cost saving, as in late 1947 the tray was re-introduced.
The telephone has only a DC trembler bell ringer with one bell gong. This would be used for internal signalling only.
There is provision in the case for three additional keys/press buttons.
The telephone was used on certain extension plans.
Mark 1 - has a receiver, Inset No. 1L in the handset.
Telephone includes (1946):-
To be requisitioned separately as required:-
If another colour other than black was required then all the black parts would be replaced with the required coloured parts.
British Ericsson provided the GPO with Telephone No. 326CB, their model N1366 and N1071L1.
Circuit diagram - N426.
Diagram for Button labels - N620.
Drawing - 63022.
The picture above shows the inside of a
Telephone No. 326
Last revised: November 20, 2021